There are infinite recipes for DIY almond milk on the internets. I KNOW. But this is not you’re average nut milk. This is a nut milk hack! Designed for lazy people! And for people unprepared for life! And for all of us who hate additives and how expensive almond milk is!
Ok, so what makes this a “hack” is that it’s literally just nut butter and water… blended together. YES. No soaking. No messy squeezing of nut pulp through a bag. No waste!
There are so many reasons to love this method!
- It takes about 10 seconds.
- You never have to worry about running out of plant milk again (unless you run out of nut/seed butter!).
- The only thing you have to clean when you’re done is the blender!
- You’re using the whole nut in butter form! There are no by-products and no leftover nut pulp.
- It keeps for 4-5 days in the fridge, sealed in a glass jar.
- It’s higher in fat than other DIY nut/seed milks. So it’s creamy, thick and rich!
- It’s naturally unsweetened! Sweeten to taste (or not).
- There are NO WEIRD ADDITIVES. No carrageenan. No xanthan / locust / guar gum. Just pure, wholesome plant milk.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY! This almond milk hack works for any creamy nut and seed butter! Peanut butter! Tahini! EVEN NUTELLA (or this stuff which is way better than Nutella). I’m personally super stoked to try out macadamia or pistachio butter!
I love this method so much I’ve completely stopped buying packaged nut milk.
The milk separates naturally (ahem, no binders, remember?). Just shake the jar to get everything creamy again.
Try it, let me know how you like it and share all of the awesome plants milks you’re making at home with this method!
And don’t forget to subscribe to my youtube channel! I’ve got lots of videos in the works for you guys 🙂